Low Carb Recipes for the Low Carb Lifestyle

Monday, January 28, 2013

Laughing Cow Creamed Spinach

Laughing Cow Creamed Spinach
It's no secret that I like to use Laughing Cow spread wedges to make creamy sauces.  Just type Laughing Cow into the search box on the top right of my page and you'll see all the yummy sauces I've made with these magic wedges!  I've already posted a creamed spinach recipe as SOUR CREAM SPINACH but this one is made with my beloved Laughing Cow so I figured there's room for two on my blog.  I made it with half of an onion, which I thought was too much so I've written the recipe to only be 1/4 of an onion.  This was very creamy so if you like the taste of the spinach to shine through, you might want to reduce the Laughing Cow wedges from 4 to 2 or 3.  This was super simple to prepare, tasted great and the Hubs enjoyed so this was a winner all around!

4 STARS
2 servings
4.4 net carbs per serving

1 TBSP butter
1/4 onion, chopped
4 Laughing Cow wedges of any savory flavor (I used garlic & herb)
6 ounces fresh spinach
1 tsp red wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

Melt butter in large skillet over medium.  Saute chopped onion until translucent and soft.  Add Laughing Cow wedges and break them up, smash and stir them until melted (at this point is will look like a train wreck glob and you will think I'm crazy but just trust me, it will melt down to a sauce).  Add the spinach.  Once it starts wilting and breaking down (just a minute or two), add the red wine vinegar, salt and pepper.  Stir and mix until spinach is wilted to the consistency you like and the Laughing Cow is fully mixed through (usually just 3 or 4 minutes). *INDUCTION FRIENDLY*

11 comments:

  1. I saw this and realized I have never used Laughing Cow cheese before. It inspired me to go to the store and buy some. I sauteed chicken with onions, removed the chicken from the pan and made "your sauce". I returned the chicken to the sauce, added some steemed broccoli and it was one of the best meals!!! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked! I've used it in quite a few recipes! Just type Laughing Cow into the search box on the top right. It would be good anywhere that you are used to a cream sauce or even stirred into cauliflower "rice", poured over chicken, etc. Anything that you would want a thick creaming sauce with.

      Delete
  2. I made this for dinner tonight and it was absolutely delicious! I added just a little bit of fresh grated nutmeg in the last couple of minutes. Thanks for all your great recipes to help keep me happy in my low carb lifestyle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just made it for myself for lunch. OMG Loved it! New favorite for sure. :) THANK YOU so much for sharing. Never thought to use Laughing Cow, despite loving it~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't have butter so used olive oil for the onions and added 2 cloves garlic..used balsamic instead of red wine vinegar.. to die for.. go girl.. you made something taste orgasmic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! This really is fantastic blog!!
    Great job and keep it up.. Thanks for sharing lot of information in this post!!
    Buy pva accounts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wynn Resorts International launches online gaming in Las Vegas
    Wynn Resorts 여주 출장안마 International today launched the launch of its iGaming product 고양 출장마사지 in Las 전주 출장샵 Vegas, 광주광역 출장샵 NV. The brand's 원주 출장마사지 online Jan 30, 2020

    ReplyDelete
  7. pg slot asia สล็อต เป็นเว็บไซต์พนันสล็อตออนไลน์ ลำดับหนึ่ง ที่คนอีกหลายๆคนนั้นต้องเคยได้ฟังชื่อนี่กันมาบ้างแล้วเพราะเว็บไซต์ของพวกเรานั้น PG SLOT เปิดให้บริการโกรธยะหนึ่ง

    ReplyDelete
  8. PG JOKER มีโปรโมชั่นมากมาย ให้คุณได้เลือก สิทธิพิเศษ สำหรับสมาชิกสุดพิเศษของพวกเรา เมื่อลงทะเบียนสมัครสมาชิกใหม่ รับโบนัสโดยทันที ของยอดฝาก เกมสนุกแถมได้เงินไม่อั้นพีจีสล็อตเว็บเดียวเท่านั้น

    ReplyDelete